These Instructor Guidelines were last updated on March 22, 2023
1. Instructor Liabilities
Everything material you submit as an instructor, such as lectures, tests, assignments, resources, solutions, announcements, and course landing pages, is your responsibility (“Submitted Content”).
You represent and warrant that:
- Your Submitted Content will not violate or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- You will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- You have the necessary qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and experience);
You warrant that you will not:
- Post or provide inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, inaccurate, infringing, defamatory, or libellous content or information.
- Post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other type of solicitation (commercial or otherwise).
- Engage in any activity that would necessitate us obtaining licenses from or paying royalties to any third party, including the requirement to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- use the Services for business other than offering tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- You may not misuse English Finders resources, including support services, by framing or embedding the Services (for example, to embed a free version of a course) or in any other way getting around the Services.
- You may not act in another person’s name or get access to their account without authorization.
2. License to English Finders
You authorize English Finders to use your submitted content for offering, marketing, and other commercial purposes as described in the Term of Use. This includes the right to provide captions or make other accessibility-related changes to Submitted Content. You also provide English Finders’ permission to sublicense these rights to your submitted content to third parties, including students, directly and through intermediaries like distributors, resellers, affiliate sites, deal sites, and platforms that accept paid advertising.
We may record and utilise all or any portion of your Submitted Content for quality control purposes and for providing, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or administering the Services. You agree to waive any and all privacy and publicity rights, as well as any other similar rights, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and permit English Finders to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with providing, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your submitted content, or English Finders content.
3. Trust and Safety
You are aware that English Finders’ approval, which we may give or withhold at our sole discretion, is required for you to use the Services.
We retain the right to do so whenever necessary, without previous warning, and for any cause, including but not limited to the following:
- An instructor or piece of material does not adhere to our policies or legal requirements (such as the Conditions of Use);
- The piece of content does not meet our standards for quality or negatively affects the learning experience of students;
- An instructor acts in a way that could harm English Finders’ reputation or bring the online learning platform into discredit, controversy, or ridicule;
- An instructor utilizes the Services in an unfair competitive manner, such as by promoting their off-site business in a manner that violates English Finders policies.
- An instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner that violates English Finders policies.
You will be asked to choose a base price (“Base Price”) for your submitted content when you make it available for purchase on English Finders. You can also decide to make your Submitted Content available without charge. You will be permitted to participate in specific promotional initiatives as a premium instructor. If you choose not to participate in any promotional programs, your submitted content will be listed for the Base price.
When a student purchases your submitted content, we’ll receive 90% revenue from the purchase, subtracting 10% as a fee (no hidden fee is applicable). You can also decide to make your Submitted Content available without charge. Regardless of the currency in which the sale was made, English Finders pays all instructors in U.S. dollars (USD). English Finders is not liable for any expenses you may incur for currency conversion, wire transfers, or other forms of processing. The sales price (in local currency) and your converted revenue amount will be displayed in your revenue report (in USD).
You must maintain a PayPal, Payoneer, or U.S. bank account (for U.S. residents only) in good standing and keep us updated on the correct email linked to your account for us to pay you promptly.
In the event that a student requests a refund after we have made the appropriate instructor payment, we reserve the right to (1) deduct the refund amount from the following payment made to the instructor; or (2) if no additional payments are necessary to cover the refunded amounts or the payments are insufficient, require the instructor to return any amounts paid to students for the instructor’s Submitted Content.
7. How to Reach us
If you have any queries, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.