Every day we use many Imperative Sentences subconsciously but many of us don’t know the definition of Imperative Sentence. Well, an imperative Sentence is a type of sentence that describes a command, request, forbiddance, advice, etc. Let us see some examples:
- Wait for a while.
- Come home with your friends.
- Take love from my heart.
- Please give me a glass of water.
- Need your help urgently.
Note: In most cases, an Imperative Sentence starts with the main verb and the subject is to be ‘you’ and hidden.
Pattern: Verb+ Object
Examples of Imperative Sentence
Let us see some examples of Imperative Sentence in the below:
- Call him here.
- Kindly help the poor.
- Have a wonderful journey.
- Keep the place calm.
- Don’t listen to the words of bad people.
- know the story properly.
- Accept his request as soon as possible.
- Get him in.
- Don’t agree with this matter.
- Wake up early in the morning.
- Take your breakfast timely.
- Achieve the goal.
- Set your future plan.
- Don’t lose your hope.
- Feel sorry for this misdeed.
- Don’t forget the incident.
- See you again.
- Please bring some books for me.
- Kindly show your papers.
- Nice to meet you again.