A declarative sentence is a type of sentence that asserts or declares a fact, opinion, or statement. It ends with a period and does not contain a question mark. Examples of declarative sentences include:
- The sky is blue.
- I am taking the online course.
- She enjoys gardening.
- My sister is the best cook.
These sentences all make a statement, thus making them declarative sentences. Declarative sentences can be positive or negative, depending on the context in which they are used. For example, “I am not taking the online course” is a declarative sentence, as it still makes a statement.
Declarative sentences are important for conveying information and expressing opinions clearly. They are an essential part of communication, and understanding how to use them correctly is important.
50 Examples of Declarative Sentences
Let’s see the 50 useful examples of Declarative Sentences:
- I have finished my homework.
- We are going to the park.
- He has been watching a movie for a long time.
- John is an excellent student.
- The sun rises in the east.
- She likes to play football.
- This dress is too long for me.
- My brother doesn’t live in London.
- Cars are faster than bicycles.
- He always speaks the truth.
- The dog barked at me yesterday.
- The sky is blue today.
- Alice has been studying for hours.
- Tom was not playing video games last night.
- I am feeling very tired today.
- She is a very talented employee of the company.
- They are going to the world’s largest beach tomorrow.
- My mom always makes delicious food for dinner.
- I love spending time with my family and friends.
- This book is really interesting to read.
- He was walking in the rain last night.
- My sister loves to sing and dance.
- The cat jumped onto the table.
- We will be having a picnic this weekend.
- This room needs to be cleaned up.
- The flowers bloom in spring.
- John has been working on his project all day.
- The city looks beautiful at night.
- School starts at 8:00 am every day.
- My dad likes to watch sports on TV.
- I often go running in the morning.
- She always wears bright colors when she goes out.
- We should listen more carefully to each other’s opinions.
- The sky was filled with stars last night.
- My sister loves animals and wants to be a vet when she grows up.
- It’s important to care for our environment by recycling and reducing waste whenever possible.
- Tomatoes are good for your health and can be used in many dishes like salads, sauces, and soups.
- Ice cream tastes great on hot summer days.
- Life can be unpredictable, and you never know what’s around the corner.
- There are so many different types of music out there that you can find something for everyone.
- I think it’s important to take time out of your day and relax.
- I’m surprised to see you after a long time.
- He is not happy to miss the flight.
- Jimmy feels sad for his sister.
- We know you can achieve the prize.
- I’m confident in solving the math.
- She is singing a melodious song for me.
- We need to be united till our last breath.
- They are launching a new project for artificial intelligence.
- He didn’t reach his destination last night.
As we know, a Declarative Sentence depicts a fact, opinion, or statement. It plays a significant role in our everyday life, whether for academic purposes or daily conversation. That’s why it’s important to learn Declarative sentences and how to use them properly. These 50 examples of Declarative Sentences will help you to use them in your practical life.
Azizul Hakim is the founder & CEO of englishfinders.com. He is a passionate writer, English instructor, and content creator. He has completed his graduation and post-graduation in English language and literature.