This lesson will discuss the 50 useful examples of present continuous tense. The present continuous tense is used to indicate an action that is happening now. In other words, we can say the Present continuous tense is used to describe an ongoing action. It is formed by using the “be” verbs (am, is, are) followed by the present participle (-ing) of a verb.
The most common use of the present continuous tense is to express an action that’s happening now, as in “I am singing,” or to express actions that are going on right now and will continue in the near future, as in “She’s working on her homework.”
50 Examples of Present Continuous Tense
Let’s see the 50 useful examples of the present continuous tense:
- I am eating dinner right now.
- He is sleeping soundly.
- She is listening to music all day.
- Bob is always running late.
- The sky is looking cloudy in the evening.
- I am running.
- He is crying.
- We are eating dinner.
- She is cooking dinner.
- They are sleeping.
- I am not playing with my friends.
- You are not going to school now.
- Is she not writing the exam paper?
- They are not doing homework now.
- Is your friend not watching TV?
- I am not going to the market now.
- Are you not writing an essay?
- He is not gossiping with his friends now.
- Is it not raining?
- We are playing cricket on the ground.
- She is writing a letter.
- You are sleeping in your bed now.
- They are not doing their work properly.
- Is your mother not preparing lunch?
- It is raining heavily.
- I am not walking now.
- Am I not writing the exam paper?
- You are not joining at the party.
- Are we not going to the market now?
- He is watching TV now.
- She is not doing her homework now.
- They are playing in the park.
- I am not doing my homework now.
- We are going to the cinema.
- Are they not going to hang out?
- I am writing an essay now.
- You are playing with your friends now.
- They are not going out of the house.
- Is it not raining heavily?
- Am I not sleeping in my bed now?
- You are not doing your work properly.
- Am I not writing an essay?
- We are playing in the park.
- Is she not writing a letter?
- I am asking you to give up bad habits.
- They are sleeping in their bed now.
- He is joining at his new workplace.
- You are not going outside of our home.
- I am not playing with my friends now.
- She is singing a beautiful song.
Azizul Hakim is the founder & CEO of englishfinders.com. He is a passionate writer, English instructor, and content creator. He has completed his graduation and post-graduation in English language and literature.
great work I will share