In this lesson, we will discuss the definition of the common noun and provide you with a comprehensive list of 50 common nouns with examples. A common noun is a type that describes a tribal name for a person, place, or thing.
In contrast to proper nouns, common nouns are not capitalized except at the beginning of a sentence or used in the title. Now let us see some examples of common nouns and proper nouns to differentiate them easily.
|Common Nouns||Proper Nouns|
What is a Common Noun?
A noun that denotes the tribal name of a person, place, or thing is called a common noun. A common noun doesn’t specify a name. Instead, it describes the general name of a person, place, or thing. For instance, the term ‘boy’ doesn’t indicate any specific person; instead, it’s a common name for every boy.
A Comprehensive List of 50 Common Nouns with Sentences
Now it’s time to see a comprehensive list of 50 common nouns with examples. Common nouns are underlined for easy identification:
- Angelina Jolie is my favourite actress.
- They have been using some useful applications.
- Mrs. Catherine is desperately seeking to adopt a baby.
- He shows enough respect to this boy.
- I wish to give you a book.
- He bought a DSLR camera from Amazon.
- She intends to buy a car.
- Did you like this special chocolate?
- Have you ever make coffee at home?
- I have been living in this city for five years.
- My brother is working in the company.
- She had a dream to visit this wonderful country.
- A day will come when we meet each other.
- We have a dog named Richard.
- My sister didn’t know how to shop from an eCommerce website.
- Mr. Collin is looking for an honest employee.
- I’m proud to be the son of a farmer.
- We’re going to make plan to catch fish in the pond.
- Can you see any flower in the garden?
- What type of food do you like the most?
- Some fruits are beneficial for our physical health.
- Did you install any game in your smartphone?
- We were passing a very happy time in the garden.
- How do you spend your holiday?
- He is building a hostiptal for underpreviledge people.
- We need an idea to complete the project successfully.
- We have to find some images before publishing the presentation.
- They need some man-power for their industry.
- He is eager to get a perfect job according to his education.
- Did you see a lady who passed a few moments ago?
- He is seeking a piece of land to build a farm-house.
- It’s your life and you have to choose whatever you want.
- It’s very difficult for me to understand your language.
- I need to buy a laptop very shortly.
- Mrs. Lucifa is a law student.
- A magazine can help you to improve your knowledge.
- We’re going to build a market in the city.
- You may buy mobile for your father.
- My exam will start a few month later.
- I forgot that she was your mother.
- We can watch a movie together.
- Can you mention your name please?
- We should read newpaper to get latest updates.
- She is ager to see an ocean.
- Would you give me a pen to write down a note on?
- We can take some pictures in this place.
- I wish to take a shower in the river.
- I’m watching the sports show in the televison.
- He is a brliant student and he is studying in a renowned university.
- You will get your result in the official website.
It’s effortless to identify a common noun if we understand the definition correctly. This list of common nouns will help to recognize a common noun better.
Azizul Hakim is the founder & CEO of englishfinders.com. He is a passionate writer, English instructor, and content creator. He has completed his graduation and post-graduation in English language and literature.