Present Indefinite Tense
We need to use Present Indefinite Tense to indicate a present action, habitual fact, or eternal truth. If a sentence starts with the third-person singular number, then ‘s’ or ‘es’ are added to the main verb’s end. Let us see some examples of Present Indefinite Tense:
- Hasaan starts a new game.
- This young girl looks pretty beautiful.
- I make a decision in my life.
- He recites a verse from the holy scripture.
- We are united now and forever.
Structure: Subject+Verb(base form)+Object
Let us see the different forms of Present Indefinite Tense:
|Jeba takes a new step.
|Does Jeba take a new step?
|Jeba does not take a new step.
|Does Jeba not take a new step?
|He celebrates his marriage anniversary.
|Does he celebrate his marriage anniversary?
|He does not celebrate his marriage anniversary.
|Does he not celebrate his marriage anniversary?
|We laugh to hear this joke.
|Do we laugh to hear this joke?
|Do we not laugh to hear this joke?
|Does Liza cook good food?
|I see a beautiful scenario.
|Do I see a beautiful scenario?
|I do not see a beautiful scenario.
|Do I not see a beautiful scenario?
|Liza cooks good food.
|Does Liza not cook good food?
|Liza does not cook good food.
|Does Liza not cook good foods?
Examples of Present Indefinite Tense
Let us see some examples of Present Indefinite Tense:
- I listen to good music.
- He seeks a new job.
- We read attentively.
- They want to ride a bike.
- Jacky thinks she can do it.
- Do they follow the law?
- Does he not make money?
- Kajal publishes a unique journal.
- I do not sell the apartment.
- The president sends a message to all.
- He obeys his responsibility.
- She participates in a debate.
- I do not know him.
- Jamal gets the trophy.
- She does not know how to swim.
- The bird flies in the sky.
- The sun rises early in the morning.
- My teacher teaches me English.
- I want to be a good writer.
- They do not play the game well.
Azizul Hakim is the founder & CEO of englishfinders.com. He is a passionate writer, English instructor, and content creator. He has completed his graduation and post-graduation in English language and literature.