Sometimes we express a normal thing by using the term ‘simple,’ such as “it’s a simple matter, don’t worry about it.” But many of us don’t know the definition of a simple sentence.
Today we’ll unveil the definition of a simple sentence, including examples. According to the Cambridge dictionary definition, ‘simple’ means ‘easy to understand’ or ‘not difficult.’ Now we can assume that a simple sentence should be easy to understand.
Let’s come to the definition. A sentence that contains only one subject and one finite verb or a principle clause is called a simple sentence.
20 Examples of Simple Sentences
Let us see some examples of simple sentences:
- I know this person very well.
- He plays a significant role in that game.
- She played well in the match.
- They offer a lot more things in the restuarant.
- We are happy to see you in our home.
- Xareen prays for her parents.
- Subham knew the full story.
- Mr. Williams breaks the rules of the company.
- The boy catches fish everyday.
- I like gossiping with my friends.
- He is my brother’s friend.
- He feels nervous tonight.
- She waited for the train.
- My mother makes delicious foods for me.
- She loves reading novels.
- Joby accepted your friend request.
- They managed the program successfully.
- I need you right now.
- He did this task properly.
- She listens to soft music.