‘Sentence’ is divided into many types and Interrogative Sentence is one of them. Interrogative Sentence deals with questions. Now come to the definition.
A sentence that asks a question and ends in a question mark (?) is called an Interrogative Sentence. Let us see some examples;
- Do you love me?
- Will you help the poor boy?
- What is your favorite food?
- Have they played today?
- Did we follow the commandment?
Note: All the sentences ask questions and end in questions mark.
Let us see the affirmative and negative form of Interrogative Sentence:
|Will you help me?||Will you not help me?|
|Does he take his dinner?||Does he not take his dinner?|
|Did she know you?||Did she not know you?|
|Have you read the book?||Have you not read the book?|
|Can you lend me some money?||Can you not lend me some money?|
Stracture: Auxiliary Verb+ Subject+ Main Verb+ Object
Examples of Interrogative Sentence
Let us see some examples of Interrogative Sentence in the below:
- Do you take your lunch?
- Who is your favorite poet?
- What is his ambition in the future?
- Can you follow the procedure properly?
- Don’t I see you before?
- Have you seen the place?
- Did she accept your request?
- When do you take off from the airport?
- Whom do she accept as a life partner?
- Will they participate in the program?
- Is he trying to do it?
- Does she not take part in the debate competition?
- Did Kareem not play badminton?
- Could you not remember the incident?
- May he come here tonight?
- Does Saniya know you?
- What is favorite movie?
- Am I looking at you?
- Whom do you choose for the game?
- Can we donate some money for the poor people?