Past Indefinite Tense
We need to use Past Indefinite Tense in order to indicate past actions or past habits. Past Indefinite Tense is also known as ‘Simple Past’ tense. But the question is what is the definite of Past Indefinite Tense? The definition is very simple. When we indicate a complete action in the past or a past habit then it’s called Past Indefinite Tense. For example:
- I did my duty properly.
- He retired from his job.
- She controlled her weight.
- Lopa completed her home work.
- They missed their childhood.
Structure: Subject+Verb(past form)+Object
Let us see the different forms of Past Indefinite Tense:
|I forgot to send the file.||Did I forget to send the file?||I did not forget to send the file.||Did I not forget to send the file?|
|I missed my old days.||Did I miss my old days?||I did not miss my old days.||Did I not miss my old days?|
|He joined the conversation.||Did he join the conversation?||He did not join the conversation.||Did he not join the conversation?|
|We arranged a farewell program?||Did we arrange a farewell program?||We did not arrange a farewell program.||Did we not arrange a farewell program?|
|You failed in English.||Did you fail in English?||You did not fail in English.||Did you not fail in English?|
Examples of Past Indefinite Tense
Let us see some examples of Past Indefinite Tense:
- I got the point.
- He went to historical place yesterday.
- You observed the situation.
- We found our weakness.
- Alim attended the program.
- Lee passed in the last examination.
- Did you miss your friend?
- We enjoyed the party last night.
- They watched a horror movie.
- I forgot to participate in the program.
- I improved my English skills slowly.
- You did not catch the fish.
- Did you not accept the proposal?
- He ate good foods yesterday.
- She waited for you two days ago.
- Brendon reached in his campus.
- Kamran borrowed a book from his friend.
- Did they solve the issue properly?
- We missed our old days.
- He appointed as an officer in charge.